Tuesday 30 August 2011

Assignment 3 ( Photoshop and Flash)

To proceed with my assignment 3, I have used the Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Dreamweaver to assist me..
Now I will show you all what I did for this assignment..

First of all, I want to create the buttons for my page which is the Activities for the four places in Pahang. I tried doing the buttons just as I plan which is using vertical text on the pictures of the places. However, they seem hard to read and ugly so I changed my plan. So, now I start off with a picture of the place. 
The picture above is the picture of the cable car in Genting Highlands. Now, I want to add a rectangular box using the Rectangle tool. Then, I change the opacity. After that, I add a Horizontal Text and rotate it. The end result is something like this. 

I did the same for the other 3 buttons. 



Ok, that's all for the buttons. Now, I move on to the images that I want to use for Flash. It is almost similar actually. 




That's about all for Adobe Photoshop. Now, move on to Adobe Flash. First, I import the files to the library. Then, I set the size to 600x500. The, I just drag the image in and resize them. 

After arranging and resizing, then click on the left button and press F8 to convert it to symbol. Then, I change the name to left and choose buttons for the type. I did the same for the right button.

Then, right click on the button and click Actions.

After that, I type the command into the menu. The command is on(release) {gotoAndStop (Frame)}. For the left button, I put 4 as the frame because I got 4 images and the left button would lead the user to the previous image which is the 4th image. As for the right button, I put 2 in the frame blank because it would lead the user to the next image which is the second image. 

I did the same for the other images. Just change the frame number for the command. After that, I press Alt+Ctrl+Enter to test the slide show. It moves very fast but I stop it to check whether the button works or not. 

So, now to make it stop looping back and forth, I want to make it stop so that the user can click the buttons by themself. I press F9 for the actions menu. Then, I put this command. stop();

So, that's it for Adobe Flash. Will move on to Adobe Dreamweaver soon. :)










1 comment:

  1. Much better but lacking in content. Your GUI etc, all ok. But your referencing is just a list of URL. What exactly are you referencing?

    ReplyDelete